The IoniCare System is easy to apply and only takes two or three minutes to put on the horse once the daily routine is set up. It takes even less time to take off.
Once the system is in place and operating, most horses can be left alone and loose in their stall during the treatment process, which is usually 3 or 4 hours. Because the signal is subliminal when properly set, the horse is comfortable, and some even go to sleep.
View a real time video of an experienced user applying the IoniCare System.
The key components of the IoniCare System are:
1. IoniCare Signal generator--a small battery powered device that generates the treatment signal that provides the therapeutic benefit. It will support two treatment sites simultaneously.
2. Treatment Pad--a replaceable Pad that applies the signal from the generator to the site being treated.
3. Return Element--attracts the signal from the Treatment Pad through the treated site to complete the circuit. It is positioned on the underside of a proprietary Surcingle.
4. Surcingle--specifically designed to ensure that the Return Element maintains proper contact with the animal for effective signal flow. It holds two Return Elements and has a pocket for the Signal Generator.
5. Conductive Gel--assures a good signal flow between the Treatment Pad/Return Element and the skin
After the components are positioned, the Generator is turned on and the level of the signal is increased until the animal reacts to the tingling sensation. The signal level is then reduced slightly so the horse no longer senses the signal.The Signal Generator sends a specifically pulsed signal through a flexible wire to the Treatment Pad covering the treatment site. The signal bathes the treatment site creating the desired therapeutic electrical field and then flows through the body to the Return Element in the Surcingle.
A Unique Way To Treat Orthopedic Problems
In brief here's how the IoniCare® System 3 works with the joint's natural healing function:
1. A healthy joint creates an electrical field when in use.
2. The electrical field activates natural repair and regeneration in the joint tissue.
3. When a joint is compromised by osteoarthritis and other joint problems, the electrical field strength is decreased, reducing repair and regeneration activity.
4. The compromised joint cannot repair itself as fast as it wears out, resulting in a gradual degeneration of the joint.
5. The System is designed to mimic the joint's natural electrical field, increasing the repair and regeneration, allowing the joint to - in effect - heal itself.
Read a more detailed discussion of this process.